The Blog

Jul 16, 2009

Holy Crap 

by Maxim Porges @ 7:37 PM | Link | Feedback (0)

I've been trying to use Voice Control on my iPhone and thought that it totally sucked. I'd say stuff like "play Crystal Method" and it would get it right about one time out of five. In some cases it would call somebody... awful.

And then I watched the iPhone commercial on TV and noticed that the phraseology is very specific. You can't say "play Crystal Method", you have to say "play songs by Crystal Method." Apple tried to make this obvious by having Voice Control show you these phrases in a scrolling background, but I'm too stupid to do something complicated like read.

And once you use the right phrases - damn. I read it a phone number using the "dial" command, and it picked up every digit perfectly.

Nice job, Apple.