The Blog

May 16, 2009

Apparently I'm Becoming a Flash Developer 

by Maxim Porges @ 12:06 PM | Link | Feedback (2)

I just found out that Flex Builder 4 is being named Flash Builder 4, and the micro-conference that I'm speaking at this month that would usually be referred to as a Flex Camp is instead a Flash Camp.

WTF? Unless they are integrating the Flash tools from the Creative Suite in to Flex Builder, I have no idea why they are calling it Flash Builder. Once again, marketing defies logic.

Perhaps Adobe will explain the situation at some point.

UPDATE: The Flash Blog attempts to clear up the matter here. I still don't get it. This statement in particular by the author (in the comments) puzzles me:

"@Everyone I can guarantee that the Flash IDE is not going away. I don’t know what else to say to convince you. I’m not one to BS my readers so I hope you will trust me on this."

So, now we have two products, the Flash IDE and Flash Builder... great. That's not confusing at all.