The Blog

Jan 1, 2009

Farewell, 2008 

by Maxim Porges @ 1:35 PM | Link | Feedback (0)

Another year slips in to the ether. 2008 was a transformative year for me in so many ways.

Jessica and I got engaged after almost six years together.

I finally figured out what I wanted to do with my career, and took the first step to making it happen.

I re-prioritized my work/life balance. It's not perfect yet, but I hope the trend will continue.

I made my scouting trip to the west coast, which was everything I hoped it would be.

I turned 30, my best birthday yet. It was a chance to look back with family and friends and be truly humbled by everything I've been blessed with.

I participated in my first election. I'm hoping the guy I voted for can set the country back on course to being the place it was when I first got here in 1993.

I got a new MacBook Pro, a Blu-Ray player, and an Access Virus Ti. Meaningless chachkis perhaps, but I still love my gadgets.

But best of all, for the first time in a long time, I found myself waking up happy pretty much every day of the year.

I hope 2009 brings as much happiness, surprise, and excitement to your life as 2008 did to mine.