The Blog

May 10, 2008

flex-mojos for Maven 

by Maxim Porges @ 12:57 AM | Link | Feedback (0)

Thanks to Chris Scott for making me aware of the new hotness in the Flex/Maven space: flex-mojos. We're going to be getting our Flex build lifecycle automated at Highwinds after we send the latest StrikeTracker release to the Streaming Media East conference on 5/19, and I have a good mind to use this tool if it works nice and simple like it is supposed to.

So far, so good: I downloaded the code from the Google Code SVN site and ran a mvn install for the Swiz framework, and it worked great. All the dependencies downloaded automatically, and the SWC compiled and installed to my local repo as expected with no fuss. I also noticed that the flex-mojos site is hosting all the parent POMs and dependencies for Flex in their own web repository, which makes installation and usage a snap.

This is Maven at its finest; I must admit that I love it when a plan comes together.

For more info, I suggest checking out the project blog and Maven site docs. There is also a nice multi-part series on building the entire Flex/Spring/BlazeDS/Hibernate stack using this plugin with Maven - a must have for any serious Flex/Java shop.