The Blog

May 2, 2008

Chillin' at cf.objective() 2008 

by Maxim Porges @ 9:41 AM | Link | Feedback (0)

Got in to Minnesota late Wednesday for cf.objective() 2008. The conference kicked off yesterday night with registration and a reception on the top floor of the hotel.

So far I have run in to all the usual suspects from the conference circuit. I had some interesting discussions regarding Flex frameworks; seems that there is a lot of mindshare towards simplified Flex development. I asked Joe Rinehart whatever happened to Model-Glue for Flex, and he said "there just wasn't any point in finishing it" (he's apparently been doing a lot of regular OO-based, framework-free development with Flex in his consulting work).

Brian Kotek flew over to the conference with Chris Scott and said that Swiz is "amazing", having looked over Chris's shoulder through the flight. I can't wait to see it. I backed off on making IoC a focus of my presentation at the conference, but I am very interested in what Swiz has to offer for our work at Highwinds.

I'll be blogging periodically during the conference and posting some pictures on Flickr, so stay tuned if you are interested.