The Blog

Apr 5, 2008

Why Wikis at Work are Wonderful 

by Maxim Porges @ 8:59 AM | Link | Feedback (3)

We created a Wiki at CFI some time back and have been seriously filling it with content for the last twelve months. People often mistakenly give me credit for the idea, but it was Jeff Marder's call over three year's back when he worked for me on the web team. We're already reaping the benefits.

I've recently gotten access to the Wiki at Highwinds, which is far more mature than the one we have at CFI, but it gives me a great sense of where CFI's one will go and how much they will rely on it in the future. I'm basically getting a first pass at my new company's orientation and training, for free, over the Internet, on a weekend. If you don't have a Wiki at your job regardless of your field, talk to the right sys admin and get one right now.

And as for you lot at CFI: WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME READING MY BLOG? GET BACK TO WRITING WIKI ARTICLES! :)