The Blog

Feb 5, 2008

The Best Way To Predict The Future Is... To Have Funding? 

by Maxim Porges @ 9:33 PM | Link | Feedback (1)

I watch CNBC when I wake up in the morning. Since just about everything in the world is driven by capitalism, I find it to be the best news source for stuff that really matters.

They have a set of ads run with Jeff Daniels promoting Michigan as a place to start companies. While watching a version of this ad this morning, they showed office shots of an innovative advertising company, and I saw a poster on the wall of an employee's cube that said:

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Couldn't agree more. Apparently Alan Kay invented that statement.

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do… The best way to predict the future is to invent it. Really smart people with reasonable funding can do just about anything that doesn't violate too many of Newton's Laws!"

I have no respect for Newton's laws. If only I were smart, all I would need is funding... *sigh*