The Blog

Dec 25, 2007

Super Magical Flying Hat Turbo Adventure 

by Maxim Porges @ 1:35 AM | Link | Feedback (0)

Man, I miss this game. They need to port this bad boy to the Wii for US release.

As a kid in the UK, my MegaDrive was a Japanese edition (grey ring around the top of the console instead of red) and it played games from anywhere. I got this game as a bundle with six others and it was so much fun. Half the fun was the fact that the entire game was in Japanese, so you had to figure out what did what as you went. Apparently they released a Westernized version called "Decap Attack", but it sucks compared to the original Japanese version.

I'm also a bit pissed off that they ported ESWAT to Virtual Console, but they've only released it in Japan. Bastards. What gives?

UPDATE: I just found a copy of the Magical Hat game loose on JapanGameStock.com. It's loose with no manual and no case, but it was $20 so I figured... what the hell. How do you say "Merry Christmas to Me" in Japanese? Now all I need is an old Genesis and a Game Genie to translate the import cartridge, and I'll be good to go!