The Blog

Dec 4, 2007

Issue with Subclipse 1.2.4, Eclipse 3.3, and org.eclipse.core.resources 

by Maxim Porges @ 5:48 PM | Link | Feedback (0)

If you are trying to install Subclipse 1.2.4 on Eclipse 3.3 and are getting an error about the org.eclipse.core.resources version being incorrect, check where you are running Eclipse from.

I was running Eclipse from a network share mounted on my VMWare Fusion installation of Windows XP, and apparently Eclipse doesn't like that for installing plugins (the network share, that is). Copying Eclipse locally, running it from the local copy, and then installing the plugin works fine.

Why was I doing this? I'm setting up some base installations of our software so our developers can rip them off the network and have everything they need to get going. Something we've sorely needed for a while now, but I'm just getting caught up with my year to be able to do it... and since everybody except me is running Windows, that's the environment I'm trying to work with (hence the network share from my Mac to VMWare).