The Blog

Dec 27, 2007

Apple Software Update Site Slow 

by Maxim Porges @ 12:05 AM | Link | Feedback (0)

I'm updating Jessica's old PowerBook G4 tonight, and the software download is taking ages. I got her a new MacBook for Xmas, so she's giving her old one to her sister.

I'm guessing that the fact that Apple's software update site is slow is an indication of just how many computers they sold for during the holiday season. Usually I can get around a 200 MB download in less than 3 minutes, whereas today it's taking about 20 minutes.

This is very Microsoft-esque, though. That's the one thing I'm really hoping doesn't happen to Apple as they continue to take the consumer market by storm. Let's hope they roll some of those profits from 2007 in to bigger and better infrastructure to match the market share they took back this year.

On the flip side, this should be good news for the stock report next month!