The Blog

Jun 9, 2007

Pudding: Now In a Virtual Refrigerated Section Near You 

by Maxim Porges @ 9:40 PM | Link | Feedback (2)

Michael has finally launched Pudding, a labor of love spanning almost two years and four (I think?) technology transitions. As a software developer who has built multiple software products only to lose interest half way through after the "hard bit" is over, I can appreciate how much effort goes in to getting something done. Knowing Michael, he will also have made sure that it was done right and that no corners were cut.

This product launch also proves my knack of making really terrible jokes about actual web site and software product names, after which people take me seriously and end up using them. Still don't believe me? There's actually a web site out there called roomtastic.com after another product name joke I made in a marketing meeting one day.

Well, even so, I wish Michael all the best. With any luck he'll sell a million subscriptions to Pudding, and will give me a position at Ataraxis Software one day as Chief Stupid Name Officer. Naturally, I'll require the Steve Jobs compensation plan.