The Blog

May 19, 2007

Enabling View Source in Flex Applications 

by Maxim Porges @ 7:06 PM | Link | Feedback (0)

I just spent about ten mintues Googling for how to do the cool right click "View Source" option in Flex applications, which generates your source and allows you to publish and link to it when putting a Flex app on the web.

I had a feeling that this option was in Flex Builder 2, but since I haven't had a chance to convert one of our licenses over to the Mac edition yet, I couldn't verify it. It turns out that all you need to do is execute the "Publish Application Source" option from the Project menu, which (from the sound of it) acts like a standard Eclipse project export, letting you choose what you want published to the world.

Hopefully my post has slightly more useful keywords than you might have found elsewhere and this will help you save some time if you (like me) were wondering how to take advantage of this very cool option. I found the final answer to this question on this blog post if you want to take a look.