The Blog

Dec 29, 2006

Logic Freezes When Saving and Bouncing 

by Maxim Porges @ 10:24 AM | Link | Feedback (2)

I was a little concerned yesterday when I tried to save my first track I created in Logic, and the application locked up. I also had the same problem when trying to "Bounce" tracks down to stereo mixes.

A little Googling returned no results. One of the big problems was that there is a feature in Logic called "Freeze", which garnered a lot of false positives.

Being a Mac geek, I checked the Console, and saw the following message:


2006-12-29 09:35:57.983 Logic Express[1309] *** -[NSNavSegmentSwitchControl cellAtRow:column:]: selector not recognized [self = 0x1d41f620]


I Googled that, and found this forum post which explained that ShapeShifter was to blame. Simply adding Logic Express to the exclusion list in ShapeShifter's System Preference plug in solved the issue.

I decided to blog this issue with a slightly more searchable title in the event that others run in to this same problem. I'm sure there are more of us out there with ShapeShifter now that MacHeist is over! :)