The Blog

Oct 7, 2005

Macromedia Flex 2.0 

by Maxim Porges @ 8:24 PM | Link | Feedback (2)

Macromedia has announced Flex 2.0. Read all about it.

It's great to see active development taking place on Flex, especially since we just bought it! Plus, I think Macromedia will have their work cut out for them in keeping the Flash platform's ubiquitous status as Sparkle rolls out. That being said, I've seen Microsoft fumble the ball so many times in the past that I probably shouldn't be concerned about the outcome of their new technology propositions. When's Longhorn Vista coming out again? 2018?

I'm particularly looking forward to the Zorn Eclipse-integrated IDE for OS X (even if it is slightly delayed). Macromedia continues to support OS X as a development platform, and I am always grateful to them for doing so.